www.hmpubguide.com
www.hmpubguide.com
Hereford's Premier Pub Guide
email@hmpubguide.com
www.hmpubguide.com - Hereford's Premier Pub Guide: Drinking Quotes

Friday 25 September 2009

Drinking Quotes

This is one of many quotes about the drinking condition. Below are several more which serve to provide insights into the human mind. Read, enjoy and think about it!!!
  • The sway of alcohol over mankind is unquestionably due to its power to stimulate the mystical faculties of human nature, usually crushed to earth by the cold facts and dry criticisms of the sober hour. Sobriety diminishes, discriminates, and says no; drunkenness expands, unites, and says yes. Not through mere perversity do men run after it- William James
  • One reason I don't drink is that I want to know when I am having a good time- Nancy Astor
  • There is nothing wrong in sobriety in moderation- John Ciardi
  • I drink to much. The last time I gave a urine sample it had an olive in it- Rodney Dangerfield
  • I love to sing, and I love to drink scotch. Most people would rather hear me drink scotch- George Burns
  • I saw a notice which said 'Drink Canada Dry' and I've just started- Brendan Behan
  • Actually, it only takes one drink to get me loaded. Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or fourteenth- George Burns
  • You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on- Dean Martin
  • My favourite drink is a cocktail of carrot juice and whiskey. I am always drunk but I can see for miles- Roy 'Chubby' Brown
  • No married man is genuinely happy if he has to drink worse whiskey than he used to drink when he was single- H. L. Mencken
  • If you drink, don't drive. Don't even putt- Dean Martin
  • Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut- Ernest Hemingway
Quotations will tell the full measure of meaning, if you have enough of them.
- James Murray Editor of the Oxford English Dictionary 1879-1915

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Unique hits since 22/08/2006