Updated Reviews: Hop Pole;Volunteer; Victory; Brewers & Salmon
Last week we revisited and reviewed 5 more pubs in town, just click on the pub names below to read the all-new review:
- The Hop Pole (pictured bottom right)- this pub has just reclaimed it's old spot at the top of the leaderboard, with 77%, so why not check it out for yourself- you wont be disappointed.
- The Volunteer (pictured bottom middle)- this small pub is tucked away in the side-streets just adjacent to the city centre, and a nice welcome awaits.
- The Victory (pictured top left)- it still looks like a ship inside, and is looking a bit worn and old now! But the local beer is good (Hereford Brewery not Spinning Dog) and cheap!
- The Brewers Arms (pictured bottom left)- still the same pub that it was 10 years ago (and possibly longer!) but it's much more welcoming than you'd think, and not the local, scary pub you'd think. I've had many a good time in the pool room at the back.
- The Salmon Inn (pictured top middle & top left)- this is quite far from town but is nice enough- if nothing special. Haven't heard much about it recently but the food used to be highly recommended- it still might be good, but to be honest I just don't know.
We have also had a review of The Hop Pole sent in by one of our semi-regular reviewers Jo, she gave it an impressive 80% and to see what she really thinks just click here.